Sunday, July 13, 2008

Is this a joke?

When I first read this, I wasn't sure if it was a joke or an actual couple that believes this crap. A little farther down, I came to realize that it's no joke... I mean, the writer of this crap could use a lesson in web page design and literary writing styles, not to mention understand what he's arguing against. Does anyone actually think this is a bit stupid?

The Theory of Evolution is not a scientific law or a law of biology. A scientific law must be 100% correct. Failure to meet only one challenge proves the law is wrong.
Of course the theory of evolution is not a scientific law, it's a theory! Evolution is not a law for several reasons, namely that it is still being refined to include other ways by which organisms change over time; these mechanisms include not only selection, but also genetic drift and gene flow.

Also, not having sources doesn't help to back up his stories, it's kind of like that quote Ray Comfort attributed to Plato. As someone who has read Plato, I really don't remember reading that. Similarly, saying something is not the same as providing evidence of it. I would really like to know where these people are from so I can find out if they really do believe this. It saddens me to see people so coated in their dogmas that they, through no fault of their own, cannot grasp modern scientific advances. It is as though we are sharing the planet with people from the Dark Ages, not the European one, the ancient Greek one. I wonder if these people understand how a computer works, or if they just think "god does that" too. I wonder if they think Lenski's research is somehow flawed, or "god did that" too. I wonder if they think dinosaurs walked with Adam and Eve or "god put those fossils there to test our faith." Enough of this, I've got things to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jared. You're quite an intelligent person. I'm wondering if you send emails to the site owners about their claims? And if you do, have you ever succeeded in changing their content?

Jared said...

Yes, I do send e-mails on occasion to site owners, but it's usually in vain. I have several letters I sent to some site owners that I may post on here one day.

 

Stumble Upon Toolbar