Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday afternoon

1:00 PM
I'm now going to give you a vicarious experience of a hurricane which is unlike what you see on the news, be prepared!

These two trees will probably be permanently bent after this, winds are constant at around 35 mph with gusts in excess of 70 mph.

The hurricane is currently 60 miles to my southeast moving at 14 mph northwest. Current winds are around 105 mph. It's anticipated to be directly over us by 8:00 PM Central Time. I'll be taking photos throughout, but pending internet, they may not be uploaded.

If I still have internet at that time, I'll be posting pictures, otherwise, I'll be writing up a report to post when I do get internet again.
___________________________________________
1:15
Winds picked up again, constant speed is near 40 mph with frequent gusts to 70 and occasional gusts near 80.
___________________________________________
1:25
Well, sustained winds are going to be climbing rather rapidly, my girlfriend just sent me a photo which I will be uploading shortly. She said her sustained winds are in the 80 mph range. We're now in the 50+ range and it will reach 70+ mph sustained in the next 3 hours.
Here's here photo

___________________________________________

No comments:

 

Stumble Upon Toolbar